Our staff is the foundation of our success.
- All of our positions are full-time with the exception of Sprouts staff.
- Applicants must be available to work the full 8 weeks of our season (June 26 – August 18) If you are unable to attend the full camp season, please do not apply for this summer.
- Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Depending on your position, there are a few special days throughout the summer where there will be extended hours.
- Applicants must be able to attend the following staff training and Open House dates:
~ June 10 (New staff and past staff in a new position only)
~ June 17
~ June 24
~ June 25 (Open House)
- Applicants must be available to work the full 10 weeks for our Sprouts program (June 12 – August 18).
- Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Sprouts applicants must be able to attend the following staff training and Open House dates:
~ May 24
~ June 11 (Sprouts Open House)
~ June 17
We expect you to
- Ensure the safety and happiness of campers
- Always put the needs, interests and well-being of the campers above your own – camp is for the campers.
- Be a positive role model, whose tone of voice and language reflect patience and care
- Be open to feedback and use your resources appropriately
- Perform duties with energy, enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Be cooperative, resourceful, positive and willing to go that “extra mile”
- Be flexible and help out if our needs change during the summer
- Attend all relevant meetings and trainings and hand in all necessary paperwork on time
Cell Phone Policy
Cell phones and texting remove staff members from performing their assigned duties to the best of their abilities. Cell phone usage, by its very nature, removes a staff member from the community that we are trying to build.
Because of our crisis management procedures, there are cell phone requirements specific to staff positions:
Section supervisors, waterfront supervisors, activity head counselors, and young tribe head counselors will carry cell phones in airplane mode.
Bus monitors will have cell phones turned on during the morning and afternoon bus routes. During the day, their cell phones will remain at headquarters with the bus bag and clipboard.
All other counselors shall not have cell phones with them on camp property.
Equal Employment Policy
Camp Sewataro is an equal opportunity employer. Camp Sewataro provides equal opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.