Information for Sprouts Parent Drivers (PDs)
In the morning, Sprouts may take the bus or be dropped of by a parent/guardian. Sprouts are picked up by a parent/guardian in the afternoon.
Here are a few simple procedures that will facilitate the drop off and pick up of your child/children.
Parent Driver Identification Cards:
- Prior to the beginning of your child’s session, you will receive two Parent Driver ID Cards in the mail. Please be sure to have one of these ID cards displayed in the car windshield when you drive your child to and from camp. Additional cards have been included for the person/people you listed other than parents who have permission to pick up your child. Please note: By giving a card to someone, you are giving your permission for that person to pick up your child at any time. If you would rather it be on a case by case basis for a particular day, do not give the person the card and just send a signed note with your child that morning giving that individual permission for that day.
- If you listed another parent driver as having permission to pick up your child, an additional card will be provided for them. If they are picking up your child as well as their own, they should display both your card and their own in their window.
- These cards serve as identification for those who have permission to pick up your child. If a card is ever lost or stolen, notify us immediately and we will issue you new cards.
- Please note that these cards must be with you in order for us to release your child to you in the Parent Driver line.
Drop-Off in the Morning
- NEW ENTRANCE FOR 2021: Arrive at the Sprouts entrance (at the end of Greystone Lane) between 8:45 and 9:00. The speed limit on Julian’s Way and Greystone Lane is 25 mph. Directions to the Sprouts entrance: Turn onto Julian’s Way, between the main camp entrance and the Haynes School. Follow Julian’s Way to the end, then take a right onto Greystone Lane. Follow Greystone Lane to the end and take a right into the gate just before the end of the road. We will meet you inside the gate and will unload your camper there. After unloading, continue down the dirt road and out our second gate and take a left onto Greystone Lane.
- For safety reasons, counselors will only unload your car from the passenger side. Please plan ahead with seating arrangements.
- Please make sure you have completed your camper’s screening form via CampMinder or the Campanion app each day, and have confirmation ready to show the counselor upon arrival (confirmation page, email, or screenshot on your phone). If you have not completed the screening form, please wait at the gate with your camper and fill out the form then, if that can not be done a counselor will screen your child.
- Campers should arrive wearing their masks and will be asked to sanitize their hands upon arrival.
- Have your child remain in the car until a counselor opens the door and greets your child. To expedite the unloading process, please remain in your car and allow the counselor to help your child out.
Pick Up in the Afternoon
- Arrive at the Sprouts entrance between 12:45 and 12:55.
- No idling please. Shut off your motor and wait in your car.
- The gate will be opened at 12:45.
- For safety reasons, counselors will only load your car from the passenger side. Please plan ahead with seating arrangements.
- To expedite the loading process, please remain in your car and allow the counselor to help your child in.
- The gate is closed at 12:55. If you arrive after 12:55 and find the gate closed, please go back to Haynes Rd., come into the camp driveway and stop at Camp Headquarters. Please try to be on time! The speed limit on the camp road is 10 mph.