Please help us set your child(ren) up for success by reviewing the following information before submitting a camper application. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns about whether Sewataro is the right experience for your child(ren) this summer. We are here to help!
Essential Eligibility Criteria for Participation in Camp Sewataro:
- Campers are expected to contribute to a safe camp environment, using respectful language and appropriate physical behavior.
- Campers are expected to function in a group setting in a positive and cooperative manner that displays tolerance and respect for self and others.
- Campers are expected to follow instructions from counselors and refrain from behaviors that pose a risk to self or others.
- Campers are expected to maintain a positive attitude when participating in activities with their group.
- Campers are expected to navigate varied terrain on an 8-hour daily basis.
Campers with Disabilities
As a traditional day camp, Camp Sewataro does not specialize in serving campers with special needs, including physical, social/emotional, or behavioral disabilities. However, we strongly believe in the value of inclusion, and are happy to make any accommodations that we can reasonably support, on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions or concerns about Camp Sewataro’s fit for your child, please call us at (978) 443-3100 (or email Nathan directly at ), prior to submitting an online application.
Camper Expectations (please share with your child!)
- Be safe at all times
- Be respectful of yourself, your counselors and your fellow campers.
- Stay with your counselors and listen to them at all times. (Remember: your counselors’ #1 goal is to keep you safe!)
- Tell your counselors right away if you are upset about something or if you need help. They are here for you!
- Be patient, tolerant, and include others.
- Treat others with kindness, just as you would like to be treated.
- Leave all electronics at home. This includes cell phones and ”smart” watches.
- Keep your lunch food to yourself (no sharing or swapping with others!)
- Be willing to try new things, and give every activity your best effort.
- HAVE FUN!