Items to Remain at Camp
On the first day of your child’s session, we ask that you please send in the following for your child to keep at camp, all labeled with your child’s name:
- Yoga mat or picnic/outdoor mat to sit on for lunch (not needed for Sprouts)
- Crocs or flip-flops to wear to and from swimming
Campers will each have their own crate in the group tent to keep their belongings.
What to Wear/Bring to Camp Each Day
Please label everything that comes to camp with the camper’s name (the following will need to come back and forth each day):
- Play clothes
- Socks and sneakers. Footwear must have a closed-toe and provide ankle support. Keens are acceptable; however, crocs, sandals or clogs are not. Exception: campers may bring flip flops or crocs to walk to and from swimming.
- Please apply sunscreen before camp (we will make sure it is reapplied after swimming)
- Come to camp wearing a bathing suit under clothes to facilitate changing and allow more time at the activities.
- Send another bathing suit if you want your child to change after swimming
- For young campers, parents often send a change of clothes
- On rainy days, wear or bring a raincoat
- On cold days, wear or bring a sweatshirt
- Lunch: Each child brings a lunch and beverage (no glass please) with the camper’s full name and group on it. Beverage containers should fit in the lunch bag. We ask that you not send nut butter sandwiches or any nut products in your child’s lunch. In addition, please check all food labels to be sure they do not say “contains nuts,” “may contain nuts” or “processed on machinery that also processes nut products.” Please see Food Policy for more details.
State regulation requires that the nurse administer all prescription medication from the original container. Label the container clearly with your child’s full name, group, and time it is to be given. It should remain at camp for the duration. We also cannot administer expired or unlabeled medication. All medicine should be put in a bag marked “Nurse” and deposited in the bus/car bag on arrival. Medicine to be given on successive days is left in the nurse’s clinic. The remainder will be returned to you when the order is complete. The nurse will notify parents in the event of any illness or injury.
Please Keep at Home
We ask that you personally check your child’s backpack each day prior to them leaving for camp to ensure that only camp appropriate items are included. No electronic games, cell phones or smartwatches, trading cards, valuables, or pets are allowed in camp. Also, no candy or gum. We provide all the necessary equipment for camp activities. The possession of alcohol, drugs and weapons are prohibited on the camp property.